Monday, July 22, 2013

Owl

This picture has no real reason to be in this post, other than it was in my photo file and I like it. So...it's my blog and I like it, so here it is. 
 
 
I was thinking of making an owl quilt, then one of my coworkers said, "I wish you would make an owl quilt."
He's a little funky, fun owl. Here he is trying on a pair of antique buttons from my grandmother's collection.

Then, with his keen eyesight, from across the room, he spotted these little iridescent beauties, also from Grandma's sewing box.

 
I have been wanting to try this for a while. It took more guts than I thought it would.
I stapled my quilt!
I had to take a deep breath and do it.
                           Funky little owl didn't mind, but I was having heart palpitations!


After the sacrificial stapling, it was easy to pop Little Mr. Funky into this awesome frame. I found these at a flea market, this nice gentlemen was selling them for an unbelievably low price. I bought several.
I think I might be doing some more little funky forest friends for Mr. Who. That was fun.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that takes some serious guts, girl! You go!
E.