Monday, June 21, 2010

Okay.
We all know this is not the kind of quilt that I normally make. That being said...
I think that this quilt, that I have designed, made, then redesigned and remade, looks pretty good. The pictures are printed on Printed Treasures and sent to me from every corner of the country. The artwork blocks are painted and drawn by grandchildren of the recipient of this quilt. In the center is the happy couple, 50 years ago today! The pictures surrounding that (the first layer) start with one of the wedding pics from 50 years ago, then move around chronologically to the last pic, their son who will marry this weekend, shown with his new family. The sceond layer of pics and the corners have children and grandchildren and artwork, with each grandchild taking a corner position.
Here it is, last minute as usual, and I have decided that a nice pieced border will look so much prettier! SEE? It really pronounces the overall medallion pattern of the quilt and the borders are not boring. Now I just have to stay up all night a couple times this week to make sure it's quilted and finished by Friday! ugh.
Happy anniversary Aunt Cornelia and Uncle Joe!

No comments: