Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grand Party

Well, since I've posted the work in progress, I suppose I should show the final product. The party was wonderful, the happy couple surprised and pleased, the cake and the quilt finished in plenty of time.

Uncle Joe wants to know how they both could fit under that quilt! I say, "What happens under the quilt~ STAYS under the quilt!"This was fun, we recreated the cake Check Spellingtable from 50 years ago. See, there on the left, a picture of the bride and groom cutting the cake. We used the same mint and nut dishes and I tried my best to make the cake the same. Mine was shorter than the original.
I don't have any pictures of the best part of the party. Tambi, their daughter-in-law, set up a scrapbook, and took pictures of everyone coming in, printed them on the spot, and pasted them in. Each person recorded their well wishes beside their own picture. Very cool.

No comments: