Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ladies of the Lake

Today I went to the Lady of the Lake quilt guild in Lake City. Last year, at my own guild, we gave a program dedicated to Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings. After working on how I could adapt it as a trunk show, my friends in Lake City agreed to allow me to try it out on them.
They were so gracious and patient, and I think they enjoyed it to boot! I had a good time, and learned what I need to do to make "Ode to Marjorie" the best that I can make it.
BUT...the best part of my day was this...

Last year I was at their annual quilt show at Stephen Foster Cultural Center and bought a few raffle tickets for their opportunity quilt. You guessed it: I won the quilt!! Yea!!
I LOVE this quilt! I have 3 lap quilts that are red/white/blue, now I have a bed quilt to match. I feel so fortunate today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watching and listening to your wonderful creative program today was like watching and listening to orchestra.......of course, my being a Florida native really brought it all home to me. Thank you so much for the soft, warm Florida breeze of beauty that you brought on this cold day.

Gay

p.s. Glad that you won our quilt.......we know that it will be loved!

Cheezdoodle said...

*smiling*