Monday, November 21, 2011

merge

My work and my work seem to be merging.
 I was asked if I had any ideas on how to decorate the front of the store for Christmas.
 Of course, I did.
Our store won the decorating contest in our area (12 stores) for the two years prior to my arrival, so I can't take credit for the win this year either. I was a contributor on a team of several people, who all did awesome things. Our store looks great! We won first place in our area, then went on to place first on the next level as well. Now we are one of the top 20 stores in the nation.
Now we have executives coming.
It is customary, I am told, to give these executives a company apron, decorated with something that signifies our store or town. I was given 5 days, once I chose to accept this mission, to paint 6 aprons.


This one and the next one I relied on paintings I have already done.
Just pulled out some sketches and went to work.



I have one more to do, and to add the names of the people coming to visit. My reward? I am now 'invited' to come with the department heads and management on the visit. Have I mentioned that I like my job out in the real world? I do.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is very cool. The alligator peering up out of the water is my favorite.

It's wonderful when one likes one's work, and even better when the job and the work are one and the same.

Hooray for you!

Elizabeth