Tuesday, July 31, 2012

quilts and paintings


Ten of my favorite pieces, not in any particular order.
 1. "A Bird's Nest"
The title refers to the back of the quilt. When free motion quilting, if you don't carefully tie off your beginning thread, it knots up on the back. This is called a bird's nest. The bird is painted and quilted seperately from the quilt, then sewn on, but floats nicely above the quilt background.

2. "Country Gator"
This alligator gets up close and personal. I would hate to really be that close.

3. "Quietude"
Quiet and solitude are nice when I'm on the water.

4. This was a watercolor study done for the next quilt, but I liked it so much I framed it and hung it on my wall.

5. "Road 9, Crandall Pasture"
Crandall Pasture, where I grew up, was and is a magical place to me. Accepted into a Summer exhibit at The Florida Museum of Natural History at UF in Gainseville.


6. Sunset Tree
Obviously I like trees. :)
7. "Hannah at the Beach"
Acrylic on canvas for a friend.
8. "Soul Windows"
I like painting people too! This is an early art quilt. I like the clean lines and the emotion.
9. "Precious"
Speaking of emotion, this little girl just melts hearts everywhere she goes.
10. "Tales at the Gate"
Dad doesn't melt hearts, except mine. He is a wonderful storyteller and has a style all his own. I think this quilt captures some of that style.

4 comments:

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

Of course I love EVERYTHING you do, that goes without saying...but where oh where are my possums? If they are not on your 10 most fav...I will be happy to put it #1 on my list! :)

Cheezdoodle said...

Smile! These are ten of my favs, NOT necessarily my MOST favs! It would be very hard for me to name the ten I love the MOST, but Secrets of the Suwannee would certainly be in that list.
The possum is still 'hanging' out here in the woods. I'll post him soon, just for you.
This could be fun...if anyone is out there maybe they should post their favorite quilt or painting from my works.

Sunnie said...

It's always lovely to see your quilts again!
And I also enjoyed the Sunroom Tour!
Sunnie

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

Still waiting for my possum.....LOL