Thursday, January 7, 2010

sneak peek

Making a wedding cake, even a small one, is quite an adventure for me. Yesterday I shopped all the ingredients, plus some supplies I knew I was short on. Today I bake!
I'll do the 'Ball and Chain Groom's cake later. Right now I'm trying to decide columns or no columns. The bride picked her 'inspiration cake' which was stacked (no columns), but every cake in my book that she pointed out and liked was columned! Plus, it is not huge, (4-two layer cakes) so columns would make it appear more substantial. Everything points to using them, but the cake she picked out is without. hmm.
One of my favorite parts of baking an event cake is the tryout cake. This one is almost as firm as a poundcake, heavy on the butter, with pineapple glaze under creamcheese icing. Yum.
Pretty good so far, I'll let ya know how it comes out. Hope she likes it!

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

That is an awesome wedding cake...one that really tastes like something!!!