Friday, January 8, 2010

Wedding Cake!

Alright Jessie, put down the camera and grab a spatula! Everything gets loaded and transported to the church after each layer is iced smooth. I have, in the past, made the mistake of trying to complete the cake then transport it. This was much, much easier!
Pretty smooth, for a square.
Caught!
Only took out a small chunk of icing. The rest goes pretty much as planned, bottom 2 layers together, top 2 together, then the columns. Adding the butterflies are fun, easy, no pressure involved. The florist will bring the top, I am praying that it is the right size and fit....
She really wanted the square bottom and round rest. She saw my wedding cake in my scrapbook and loved it. I told her it was because I dropped my own wedding cake the night before the wedding and added a square from Publix to save the day. I thought it was ugly!
Here is the cake (from cakewrecks.com) that inspired the bride.

Of course, I am not a fancy New York Bakery, but not bad, huh?





No comments: