Thursday, September 22, 2011

White tail deer

I don't think there is any animal quite as shy and skittish as the white tail deer. Their very name suggests that the only thing you see is the white tail as it runs away, if you see one at all. They are abundant in Crandall Pasture, and if you walk quietly down Road 9, just before full darkness falls (what we call 'Dark:30'), you are likely to see more than one ambling along in the distance.
My brother and his family live at the very edge of the wood, in a rambling woodframe house with a huge porch. They have lots of company, and my Sister-in-Law captures it all with her camera. Here are some of her delightful photos, some of which I use to make my quilts. All of the following photos are courtesy of Michele Parker.  
A doe and 2 yearlings.
2 bucks and a racoon.
A family of hungry racoons.
A curious racoon.
Hawk.
Egret.
Owl.
  
Turkeys.
A family of hogs.

Not to mention some gorgeous sunsets.

 

No comments: