Monday, November 10, 2014

DRAMA!

Please have patience as I learn this new posting format. I want to rearrange the photos, seem to be having some issue with that...Okay, well....DRAMA!
A few posts back I made a strange post of measurements and then another of a couple of costumes. Honestly I was just using my blog to communicate with a huge cast of people, without having to collect emails and phone numbers. I had agreed to costume the Amelia Musical Playhouse's production of The Sound Of Music. 
Now that I am able, I can share a few photos. I wish now that I had taken more shots of the many, many costumes. This is just a small slice. 
Backstage with Rolf, Frau Schmidt and others.
The Von Trapp children had their own dressing area. If you know the storyline, you know there were seven. Here we had 13! All but one (Frederic) had two children playing alternate nights. Only one of the charaters had two people that were the same size, so...in all, each set of costumes required 12 costumes! The children alone accounted for 48 costumes! 
Jessi, Rick and I going through the wig selection. None of these seemed appropriate for Maria.
This set was my favorite to make. 
Then there were 12 nuns, 13 including Maria.
It gets hot backstage! 
Another set of Von Trapp children in their marching outfits. 
Closing night was very emotional. Tears were shed. 
Not pictured at all...
Maria and her many changes
The baroness and her beautiful gowns
The captain and his wonderful, handsome suits and uniforms
The butler
Maximillion and his rather flamboyant suits

In all, a little over 100 costumes! It was fun. I am glad it's over. I had a taste of theater life. I do love my quiet studio. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you made over 100 costumes!

I still haven't made myself a pair of pajama bottoms!

E.

Cheezdoodle said...

Oh heavens NO! I didn't make that many, just organized and found many of them. Plus I had sewing helpers that made lots of headway. The children's were all handmade and the nuns started with a ser of choir robes. The ladies dresses had to be altered or were already perfect. The men's (many of them) we just had to scour the thrift stores for suits and uniforms we could make to resemble 1940 Austria. Frau Schmidt, poor thing, was a set of kitchen curtains!

Cheezdoodle said...

We can work on PJs whenever you please. Smiling.