Thursday, November 20, 2014

Painting on fabric today

Today my Yulee Stitchin' Sisters will paint on fabric and make a mini art quilt. I led this workshop a couple of weeks ago for the River City Piecemakers in Jacksonville. 


One lady was disappointed that her painting wasn't defined, was too washed out. With her permission I quilted it for demonstration. I think it is soft, and beautiful. 


My sweet daughter went as my assistant. Toward the end, she picked up a brush and made up a sunset. She is so my mini-me. 


Here's the one I demonstrated. Heavy-handed as usual. The bottom of the right cloud bothers me. I will fix that. 


The students get to chooses from 6 or 7 different photos to paint. This one has to be the easiest. The ones with a frog or bird are more challenging. 


These are painted, slightly more advanced quilts. I love this one. I take my camera to the dock quite often looking for that one great shot of an egret or heron in flight. 


Painted on duck cloth. I always shoot for realism and settle with a little whimsy, if you could call an alligator whimsical. 




Mail Call belongs to a friend, but resides with me often. I like to take him with me to lectures and workshops. 

No comments: