Monday, January 9, 2012

Feeling Blue

Do you have color moods? I sure do! I go for months at the time, strongly attracted to one color or the other. In the quilt shop, it seems, all I can see is that color. I have been through these color moods with some strange choices. When it was orange I bought enough orange fabric to make all the kits I'll ever need for all my future bleach discharge classes, and that is a lot of orange! One time it was taupe. What a strange color to be attracted to! But, at the time I just couldn't get enough of it, I just was so drawn to it. Maybe I have CADD (Color Attention Deficit Disorder). Hmm.
This time it started with the Christmas nativity I made. I just HAD to have those blue spotlights. Then I started on the ugly box. I was able to finish the first 2 uglies without any emotional tug at all, just finish the darn thing so it can be done. Then I got to Ugly #3. It was a painted panel that was a reject from a recent quilt.
 It was too silvery in color, too contemporary for the look I was after. I pulled it out and actually got interested in some possibilities. Jessie came home and said, "Nice colors." That in teen talk means, "Wow Mom, that is awesome, you are a wonderful artist and I love what you're doing here!". Okay, maybe not. I'm kinda liking the colors and the ideas too, so it gets priority space.
Then I have to reset my enrty hall china display from Christmas to winter. Well it just happens to be white, silver and Grandma's blue glasses.
Jessie has a small part in the musical, Into The Woods, at the local theater. Her costume needed at belt, guess what color her costume is!
So, for some unknown reason, I am in a blue/grey/silvery mood. I'll try to hurry Ugly #3 along before the mood changes to some other color.

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

Sometimes it's not bad to be in a Blue mood!