Monday, August 16, 2010

St. Mary's Quilt

I have in my head and on my scrap of paper the general look and feel of this quilt and some of the details. I keep my options open, and never resist trying out different ideas after I've started. In fact I've learned, for me at least, that this is the best way to make the best quilt I can. I work in short bursts, then take pictures from different angles and study what I've chosen.
This is one of the photos I'll be drawing from for background.

So these are fabrics I will use to interpret. The colors are actually more vivid. The lighting and my camera are both guilty of giving the impression that these are softer, mored muted than they truly are. Isn't that pinebark fabric the most perfect awesome pine tree?!? I would like to use more of it but it's pretty strong, wouldn't want to overdo, would we? I am thinking there may be a way for me to manipulate that fabric into smaller pine trees as well as the large one...

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

That IS the most awesome pinebark fabric!