Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sad Days

A good friend has passed away. Diean (yes, that is how her name is spelled), was a member of the Tuesday sewing group, a charter member. We would tease and cut up every week about being charter members of our little group. Then they would do silly things to compete to be Teacher's Pet. Diean was the ringleader of silly. She had the best sense of humor I have ever seen in a person. She had a gift of talking to people, putting them at ease, making them laugh.
Here is a picture of her and I. Don't tell anyone about this picture.See, my mother was the Queen Mother of a Red Hat Society group. I had to drive her where she went. Therefore I was (by Diean, Mom and others) told that I must be a "Pink Hat Lady". That is, someone who is of the same spirit as the Red Hat Lady, just not old enough to qualify. Well, I wore that ridiculous hat a couple of times, but after that I started declaring myself "just the chauffeur". Not soon enough that they didn't get several pics of me in that get up.
I guess now I'm glad, I have this great pic of Diean to share, and tons of good memories of her to help through the sadness that Tuesdays will not be the same without this beautiful lady.

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere, Cheezdoodle!
I have put my Pie on your sidebar as a Follower.
Friends are some of the most important people in our worlds, and it's hard to see them go. I didn't know Diean, but after hearing the stories about her today, I know she will be living on in a lot of people's hearts.